A combination of the lurg and some sad news, has somewhat delayed my usual new year merriment. So this year I’m taking inspiration from Jenny of Rock my Wedding, and will be celebrating Chinese New Year on 23rd January with some serious gusto to make up for it!
We still celebrated the new year, but the sumptuous Jamie Oliver inspired feast was replaced with easy to cook homely food. Drunkenly dancing around the lounge to Jools Holland’s Hootenany; turned into getting slightly tipsy whilst watching Alan Carr on the telly. Ah well.
If London’s midnight firework display is anything to go by, this is certainly going to be an impressive year and hopefully one where we’re allowed to feel proud of Britain – through the Olympics, the Queen’s Jubilee and, well, just being darn fabulous.
My full on celebrations aren’t the only things which will have to wait until 23rd January. I’m also yet to make any new years resolutions, which is most unlike me. I think some of tomorrow will be spent with an endless mug of tea, a pretty notepad, a pen, and me, musing over what I really want from 2012.
For those of your who have already set your new years resolutions. Here’s some posts which might help you to make those hopes and dreams come true…
If your new years resolution is… to save money, you might like:
- How to start saving
- Pay off your debts before you start saving
- Updating your budget
- Set SMART savings goals
- Start saving the pennies
- Create a buffer zone
- Try Tweeting what you spend
- Sell your car
- Sell your books
- Get yourself some free samples
- Use those free samples you’ve been stockpiling
If your new years resolution is… to get a new job, you might like:
- How to search for a new job
- Use social networking to score that dream job
- Score an interview with that powerful CV
If your new years resolution is… to get that wedding booked, you might like:
- Don’t forget to involve the Groom in the wedding planning
- Setting your wedding day budget
- Compromise to afford the wedding day you want
- How to chose your dream wedding venue – part one
- How to chose your dream wedding venue – part two
- Take inspiration from the Royal Wedding
Still not sure what your ressie should be? Paloma Faith posted this on Twitter, which I think provides a healthy philosophy for 2012, in lieu of any actual resolutions:
Whatever you want from 2012. Happy Bloomin’ New Year. What are your new years resolutions?