Apparently I could be struck with illness during the first month of the Chinese New Year (not good) and so I should carry or wear a protective Wu Lou amulet to help to keep me safe.
Ordinarily I would take this with a pinch of salt. However, since Feng Shui-ing our apartment – life has got a whole lot rosier. I’ve:
- Enjoyed fantastic Chinese New Year celebrations in Birmingham with a very dear friend
- Come up with some new ideas for the blog (watch this space)
- Been selected to take part in a Savvy Circle trial for Olay (which means I get to try out a full-size product for them – more on that soon)
- Won a Style Birmingham competition for a meal for two at an Italian restaurant
- Received lots of web traffic and likes for my two blogs
- Had a succesful interview (got through to second interview stage) for a job I really want
- Amazed the people at my current temping workplace with my ability to make charts in Excel
- Been shopping and found everything I needed to buy (mostly in the first shop I went into – that NEVER happens to me)
- Enjoyed good relationships with family and friends
- Cooked a scrumptious meal from scratch
- Been for a run
It could all be coincidence. I could be reading too much into it. But hey. I’m a little but hippy dippy and that’s what makes me, well, me. So I’m carrying on.
That’s why, as part of my shopping trip to Birmingham last Saturday, I popped into a fantastic Chinese shop (on Pershore Street, near to the Arcadian Centre) and purchased myself this little Wu Lou. It was only £3.99 and sits alongside the Rose Quartz, which my late-Nan gave me, on my bedside table.
And, just so I don’t leave anything to chance. I’ve taken a Vitamin C fizzy drink and put some hand sanitiser in my bag. If the Feng Shui don’t do it – the practical stuff will.
Do you have anything you carry around for good luck/protection?